Available for the first time in vibrant full-color, this indispensable guide has been fully revised and updated to bring you 60 of the best day hikes in the Boston area. Whether you are an avid hiker or are looking for walks near the city, this book is a must-have resource for both day-long adventures and shorter outings. From the famed beaches of Cape Cod to the contemplative stillness of Walden Pond, to new hikes in Bradley Palmer State Park and Massasoit State Park, this new edition adds five brand new hikes to explore the eastern portion of Massachusetts in greater depth.
Best Day Hikes near Boston, 3rd Edition, takes you on hikes in the Middlesex Fells and Blue Hills, the sands of Crane Beach, and the secluded forests of eastern Massachusetts. Both visitors and locals alike will find something to enjoy in this volume offering a variety of trails for all experience levels and interests. An at-a-glance trip planner highlights the best hikes near public transportation, as well as those for kids, dogs, and winter snowshoeing and skiing.
Inside You’ll Find:
- 60 hikes ideal for hikers of all ability levels
- GPS coordinates to all trail heads
- Locator map and at-a-glance trip planner for easy planning
- Detailed maps showing parking areas, trails, and natural highlights
- Summaries of time, distance, and llevel for each trail
- Hiking and safety tips, including advice on what to carry in your pack
- Essays on the flora, fauna, and landmarks of the region